Six different ways on how to keep your smartphone secure.
Protect your smartphone from fingerprints, scratches, dust, bumps, dirt, cracks, grease, collisions, and abrasions.
Smartphone cases come in many styles, thicknesses and materials, offering varying degrees of protection if dropped or exposed to weather. The more active you are, the more rugged a case you should consider.
This is a sticky film you apply on your phone screen to protect it from scratches.
- Know where your phone is and what hazards may be lurking nearby. Can a curious child or pet reach it on that table? Did you remember to retrieve it from the roof of your car where you set it while wrestling with groceries?
- Do not take crazy chances. Warming your hands over a campfire invites disaster if you insist on holding your phone while you do! Same thing with holding your phone way, way out there as you snap a picture at the rim of the Grand Canyon.
- Be cautious in the bathroom. From setting your phone on a wet vanity to dropping it in the bathtub or toilet, the risks are obvious. And avoidable. It might be best to just keep your phone out of the bathroom entirely.
- Watch out for those pockets. Do not put keys and coins in the same pocket as an unprotected phone or you will wind up with a scratched screen. If your phone is in your back pocket, be careful not to sit on it. Check your pockets before you do laundry to avoid inadvertently washing your phone. And when you slide your phone into your pocket, look to make sure that is what you are really doing—and not just “sliding” it to the floor.
- Backup plan: insurance for your phone: Take the worry out of damaging your expensive new device with insurance from your carrier.
Protect your phone using these common sense tips and be ready for unexpected incidents.